This girl is pent up. I can't even begin to explain, but, essentially, I need to come into my own more, get out more, and go out more! It's all a bit irritating. That's not, though, the entire reason for my blog's title this time. While I am myself a bit sassy lately, I am more so referring to my new haircut.
I've had this appointment scheduled for about eight weeks; I'm one of the lucky ones that can go two months before the growth becomes unmanageable. Anyway, as the day drew closer, I was getting more contemplative about which style I would choose. I love long hair and haven't had it that way for about three years. My stylist, Camilla, did such an excellent job with the cut last time that I was leaning very closely to keeping the length and just having her trim the initial cut. As I drove to the appointment, though, I flirted more and more with the thought of a short style. All face shapes have a cut that best compliments them. Though I'm not entirely sure what mine is, I have always been of the belief that really short styles would look horrible on me, so I definitely wanted to make sure I avoided that! I've only ever really gone as short as my shoulder blades before, but, today, that just didn't seem short enough. I needed more of a change, more of a definitive look.
I arrived at DV8 Salon and waited for Camilla to wrap up her previous client. This was good as it gave me more time to solidify my choice of cut. I sit in her chair and rattle off the same speil: how I love long hair, that I want a change but nothing drastic...blah, blah, blah. She asked me if I was willing to cut it much shorter then talked me through a style she thought would look great on me. Her description sounded great and very doable for me as a daily hairstyle. After having flirted with the thought for a while and feeling rather feisty from my desire to make a change, I told her to do it! An hour later, I had nearly four inches on the floor and a hair length that sits just at my neck line (right above my collarbone). I am very pleased with it and am proud of myself for going short - well, shorter! She texturized it very well and left lots of layers in it. She also polished and lengthend the side-swept bang from my intial cut. As she put it, "it's so sassy!"
Ah..I'm feeling a little less pent up already. Here's to pulling off my sassy ass! :)
2 comments:
POST SOME PICTURES OF THIS NEW SASSY CUT!!!!!
I love it! And now I need to see it!
Post a Comment